Beers this month...come along and try a pint!
This month (March 2013) at the Star Inn you'll find a selection of the beers below available (we get through them pretty quickly so there's always something new to try).
March beers including...
- Oakham Ales "Jeffery Hudson Bitter" 3.8%
- Breconshire Brewing "Ramblers' Ruin" 5.0%
- Brecon Brewery "Black Beacons" 5.0%
- Kelham Island Brewery "Riders on the Storm" 4.5%
- Everards "Tiger" 4.2%
- Triple FFF "Alton's Pride" 3.8%
- Marble "Pint" 3.7%
- Theakston "Old Peculiar" 5.4%
- Arbor Ales "Triple Hop #3" 4.0%, "Hoptical Delusion" 3.8% and "NZ Copper" 5.0%
- Tomos Watkin "Blodwens" 4.5% and "OSB" 4.5%
- Evan Evans "Buckleys Best" 4.0% and "St David's Ale" 4.3%
- Elland Brewery "GPA" 4.2%
- Celt Experience "Native Storm" 4.4%
- Sharps "Doom Bar" 4.0%
- Blacksheep Brewery "Golden Sheep" 3.8%
- Hydes "Hydes Finest" 4.5%
- Nelson Brewery "Loose Cannon" 4.3%
- By The Horns Brewery "Stiff Upper Lip" 3.8%
- Wye Valley "Wye Valley Bitter" 3.7%
- Marstons "Sweet Chariot" 4.8%
- Montys "MPA" 4.0%
Dorothy's heroes – a dozen ales for 2013
In 2013 Wye Valley Brewery will be supplying us with 12 special ales – one per month – which they're producing to celebrate the Dorothy Goodbody label (the real Dorothy was the daughter of a local hop-grower).
There will be some old favourites and some new ales – so pop in for a pint to find out more about Dorothy's Heroes for 2013!
PS Did we mention that in 2012 we were voted Camra's Brecknockshire Pub again?
Our fourth win in a row... come along and try a pint to find out why!
It's time for Octoberfest (at the Star)
Our ever-popular October Beer Festival is back on...
- Friday October 12
- Saturday October 13
- Sunday October 14
Get a lift / walk / cycle - don't drive! - as you'll want to try one of the 25 real ales (and a few ciders too) that we've got lined up for you!
In case you missed our Summer Beer Festival
Here's a taster in this short VIDEO HERE (warning: fancy dress people with pints alert!)
Some of the beers you'll be able to sample include...
- Oscar Wilde - Mighty Oak Brewery
A mellow, nutty, moreish dark mild
- Wild Swan - Thornbridge Brewery
White gold, light lemon, a hint of herb and subtle spiciness
- Native Storm - Celt
Robust mid brown ale with biscuit flavours
- Beer - Milkstreet
Blond beer with heady aroma, suggestions of banana, jam on toast - and even a hint of pina colada!
- Ruby Chough - Frys
Deep ruby pale ale, heavy hopping of blackcurrant and blackberry spicy hops
Or try one of the 25 other real ales we'll have on tap for you...See you at the bar!